Monday, May 26, 2008

Colonial Day

I'm at work on a holiday for time and a half, but I have no family up here and no one invited me to any barbecues so I might as well get paid to do nothing.

I had a three day weekend and I barely left my apartment the entire time. I'm getting worried that I'm developing agoraphobic tendencies, in that I'll make plans with people do stuff but then end up cancelling because I don't want to spend the money or leave. It felt really good to leave for work today, as it's a gorgeous warm day and the 147 got me here quicker than usual, but I can't seem to get my mind around the fact that having 'fun' in this town in the way that its defined by my friends involves spending lots of cash. Like Saturday night Kevin and I went out to a few bars around Rogers Park and I ended up spending 20 bucks on four giant beers at the Poitin Stil. I had beer at home.

All of this makes me sound like an old woman. I need to make more money somehow to support the lifestyle of decadence that I desire.

1 Comments:

Blogger Oh, Supergirl said...

Oh fuck me. I have to make another blog now?


There's your expletive.

May 27, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home