Monday, May 12, 2008

hex omega

Today was not a good day at work as I felt like I was fighting a
desperate losing battle against all of the ignorant morons that
wouldn't stop calling.

I just want to go home to where they can't reach me anymore, which
means rejecting the rest of humanity tonight. I can make a bunch of
futile stabs towards fixing my router, see if that works.

I wish I has the ability to just up home and shut off, to just make
myself something meager for dinner and veg out until the next witting
day, yet I surround myself with those who can't do that, who have to
go out and eat or drink every night.

It's madness, I can't afford no matter how much I try to convince
myself that I can.

It has been occuring to me lately (as if has for the past few years)
that I have no effective way of dealing with stress. At my previous
jobs it would just vent on its own, everything quickly forgotten the
second I walked out the door, but this one is different.

It isn't even that the customers are worse. It's that I have to talk
to the same fucking pricks week in and week out because the same sites
or email keeps getting broken for the same reasons. It wouldn't bother
me nearly as much if I wasn't on phones but due to my ability to clear
the queue with savage ruthlessness I remain on them.

This takes a toll. The customers are such ignorant assholes by and
large that it's my natural inclination to snarl at them like an
animal. I hate it. I'd rather be nice, and I have no idea how to do
that when someone is refusing to follow my instructions or whatever.

I'm rambling and I've forgotten whatever point I was originally going
to make with this, so I'll stop now.

mobile

1 Comments:

Blogger Coley said...

I surround myself with those who can't do that, who have to go out and eat or drink every night.

I am more than content with watching tv or movies at home while knitting. I'm even open to making lasagna every once in awhile to enjoy with others.

You know where to find me.

May 12, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home