Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I just got a letter from Illinois Unemployment telling me that my
benefits are suspended until I have proof that I have made a 'specific
amount of wages.' Their words.

Isn't the point of unemployment to help me along until I find another
job?This had better be some sort of computer error or there will be
hell to pay, as much as any broke and powerless prole can give it to
them. I'll pay them a visit tomorrow to see if they can explain this
idiocy to me. I was fired a fucking month ago and I haven't seen penny
one from those idiots.

This is just not my (or anyone's, really) summer.

mobile

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PA L&I has sent me 2 letters/forms to fill out for 'confirmation' and the circumstances of my dismissal. Thankfully I've been able to call myt boss and tell her L&I might be calling and she's good with backing me up. Apparently they do this a lot to catch people too lazy to fill out the confirmation forms. It's still a big fucking pain in my ass, especially since I've been working and paying taxes for 5+ years and I just want my goddamn fair share.

August 31, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home