Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gamekeeping

I'm at Gamekeepers at the corner of Armitage and Lincoln drinking
expensive Fat Tire that Kevin's friend probably would not have gotten
for us were he not already shitfaced.

Everyone is playing Quarters over there even though all the people in
the group we came to meet are already post college. Once again I
wonder just what I missed by choosing/not having the opportunity to go
off to school to live in the dorms for all if the drugs, booze, and
anime loving borderline psychotic poontang that I could get. I felt
this way whenever my ex-roommate would set up the Tip-a-cup table at
our old house, like that I had missed out on some essential
opportunity to find out why people found such stupid fucking drinking
games to be so appealing.

I gave Sarah all of her shit back tonight and the person that emerged
from her apartment to greet me sounded utterly broken and defeated,
and now I feel like shit. Instead of fleeing a battle of self
preservation, I now just feel like an asshole who abandoned her when
she REALLY needed my help. I do miss her, even though the relationship
had gotten to the point if where I was overjoyed that we were watching
an extremely long form TV show like Lost to get through as it lets me
temporarily forget the fact that I feel like I have nothing to say to
her and I feel terrible about that.

I requested Dragonforce on the jukebox and I can't wait until it cones
up so these frat douchebags can start complaining.


mobile

1 Comments:

Blogger Coley said...

I often wonder if I too missed out on dorm life. The only drinking games I've played have been movie/tv show related (The Big Lebowski, School of Rock, Freaks and Geeks) with the exception of a Power Hour. I don't even know the concept of the other games and I don't really care. Every time I've gotten drunk into an oblivion it has never turned out well.

August 1, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home